It’s never too late to be who you wanted to be.

Monday, September 28, 2009

It was one of those days.

I woke up to bright light ripping my eyelids open, tearing me from peaceful slumber.

I stared at nothing trying to make my eyes focus.

Mascara stuck my eyelashes together like glue.

My headband dug into my ears, and my ponytail was much too tight for comfort.

My phone had secretly slipped from my pocket and was now piercing into my side.

I fell asleep without washing my face. Ugh.

It was 7 something... hours before I should even be stirring.

I stumbled out of bed into the bathroom and washed my face. Brushed my teeth. Blinked my eyes a few times.

And then I heard a small creak, and saw a pair of small tired eyes staring back into mine.

Then a small smirk broke across the small face. And in turn, broke across mine.

As this small boy stumbled across the hall, dragging his small blanket, I heard his small feet patter across the bathroom floor.

And over to me.

And then he laid his small head on my leg.

And we both smiled.

Then that small smile broke into a small laugh. And in turn, so did mine.

And just like that my day turned.

Because of one small boy.


6 comments:

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

Wow, you look so pretty in the morning! Lucky. Glad your day began with a smile, and a laugh. That is how they should all start huh, well they will this weekend if you come home... and see Mare Bear and Noah! Ok, and ME.

Rachel said...

okay i didn't get a morning shot...had to find one of me and noah!! sheesh haha

Sunshine Day said...

so cute. i want to be there! right now.

Nield Family said...

He is so cute in the morning:) He loves Rachie Babe

Becky H. said...

Rach you rock. Every one of your nieces and nephews adore you!!!
Love you babes.

Katie said...

You are so lucky you're an aunt! Maybe one of my siblings could have a baby?? That might be kinda fun... haha.