I felt peace knowing he is happy- and safe. I felt satisfaction knowing he has finally found all the answers he was so earnestly seeking. I felt renewed faith that I will see him again. I felt the love of my family as they wrapped their arms around me, and cried with me. And I felt joy knowing I can be with them forever.
Today I watched two parents say goodbye to their son. I watched a two brothers say goodbye to a hero. I watched a sister kiss goodbye a best friend. And a twin, for the last time, squeeze the hand of a life long companion.
But I also watched a family boist each other up, and hold each other together. I watched a them unite, and turn a tragedy into a celebration of life. I watched God's love touch countless lives, and comfort aching souls.
Today I felt the love of God. And I know, that although Alec's life here has ended, his eternal journey has just begun. Today I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it will be okay. Because he is happy. And he wants me, he wants us, to be too.
Today I felt a burden lifted, and a warming comfort set in. Comfort in family. Comfort in God.
Surrounded by family, and by so many of Alec's friends, I felt stronger. We laughed together, as we reminisced memories of Alec. We smiled at the thought of where he is now. And we truly celebrated the incredible life he lived, and the lives he touched.
And these....
....are the times I will always remember, when I think of him. So yes, today I witnessed many miracles. But having a cousin like Alec, truly was the best miracle of them all.


4 comments:
Still bawling from the last post, tears running down my face onto the keys. love the pictures, it really says so much. We will hang onto the smiling faces, they will forever burn in our memory and stoke the fires of faith and hope until we meet again. We are entitled to that comfort, and it comes as promised. My arms feel empty tonight,I wish I could hug you, but this will have to do. Feel the love, always, MOM
Yeah dito mom, just far away, wishing I could be there. . . . great words rach. I love the pictures, so happy! Family, isn't it what it's all about!
I love this post Rach. I felt the same way yesterday. Although the grief and sorrow were heavy, I too felt God's hand lifting part of these sorrowful burdens from my shoulders. Thank you for putting it into words better than I ever could. I love you!
rach, your blog is absolutely incredible. you're an phenomenal writer. you and your family are in my prayers. love you girl.
Post a Comment