It’s never too late to be who you wanted to be.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October.

Ahhh.


Sigh.

What a day.
What a night.
What a boy.
What a best friend.
What a roommate.
What a weekend.
What a holiday.
What a date.
What a season.
What a life.

I am blessed. I really am.

The sun was shining today. And guess what? Sometimes I (secretly) love the crisp, cold air. And I sometimes always love crunching the leaves under my feet.
October is beautiful. Festive. Creative. And exciting. It's spooky. Traditional. Fun. And unique.

Between driving down old-town streets lined with changing colorful trees, making Halloween costumes, and carving pumpkins after enjoying a hot bowl of homemade broccoli and cheese soup in a freshly baked bread bowl, I remembered just how much I love October.

And this October, is one I will never, ever forget.

My best friend came home from a journey that changed both of our lives.
My family and I celebrated my precious little nephew's first year of life.

I went to Frightmares. And yes I went on The Rocket...for the first time.
(I know- Lagoon, so ghetto but it was one of the funnest October nights I have ever had! Serious. Set aside the fear of "STI's" from Lagoon-a-beach [it's closed for the season!], put on your wife beater, and grab your no pocketed jeans and try it before you judge it...)
I met my visiting teachers.
I tripped down the stairs and rolled my ankle. (Yeah I know I know, as J Timberlake says, "cry me a river" but it kinda hurt.)

I carved a pumpkin designed from scratch. Free handed. (Yeah I know, I'm considering switching my major... comin to join the Art crew Lis!)
Oh come on, it's Spongebob Squarepants!
I made a new peanut butter dessert.
[IMG_0770.JPG]
I made a new friend. 
I ate 4 pumpkin cookies in one sitting. (Yes I just admitted that. Judge me all you want. It's only October for 31 days. I'll go to the gym for a little longer next month. Sue me.) 

I got frozen hot chocolate from my favorite corner cafe.
I went on a scooter ride in below freezing weather just to feel the crisp air and remember what it's like to feel something real.
I helped a best friend do something hard.
And he helped me.

I spent an afternoon laughing with the sweetest little girl in the world.
I skipped my morning class 3 times. (It's at 8:30 am. Can you blame me? Yuck.)
I learned a whole new meaning of faith. And trust.
And my love for October grew.

But sadly, it has come and gone. Another month passed. Another leaf fallen, another moon-lit night gone.  Another costume. More candy. Another pumpkin. Another cookie.

But most of all, more memories to last a lifetime.

So to my dear friend October..
Thank you.
Thanks for making my life a little bit more rich. Thanks for the lessons learned. Thanks for the laughs. The reassurance. The renewal. Thanks for the faith. Love. And trust.

Thank you for helping me remember what life is really all about.

As for my 2nd favorite holiday of the year? I decided to make (literally make. As in cut. sew. tie...) it "magical" this year. See for yourself...
Tinkerbell and Peter Pan
"Think happy thoughts!"
"Arise and CEASE THE DAY!"
Off to make some more witches brew,
R. 

5 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Is he a Newsie? Oh, Matt and Mitchell would be so impressed. Mitchell is channeling his father and is OBSESSED with that music. Arise and cease the day!

Your Tinkerbell outfit was definitely worth ratting out your pony tail!

Aubri Gayle said...

rach!!!i loved this! you're amazing month gives me hope that the hard stuff ends! i'm so happy for you and thanks for reminding me to enjoy the little things of every moment of life! i LOVE YOU!

Nield Family said...

Ah what a month it has been for you-lots of changes and lots of tears but so many more smiles and laughs and really you are glowing these days! And the tutu was def worth all that fabric:)

Annie said...

So fun! I love you & you are so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Once again you always look like your having a blast and you always look amazing doing it. You always have such a positive outlook and know how to make the most out of everything. I should learn to do that more! Your such a gem, I can't wait to go on a double date :)