It’s never too late to be who you wanted to be.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sick day.

I took a sick day today.
Not that I work or anything. I know. Give me some time and I promise I will have "work" stories to tell.
Anyway, I took a day off. A day off from life.
I woke up with a throat so sore I swear I had strep throat.
Groan.
I could already tell it was gonna be one of those mornings.
One of those roll-over-and-go-back-to-bed-for-at-least-an-hour type of mornings.
So I did.

One hour later. 

Rolled outta bed to a sweet little chubby cheeked girl waddling her pudgy toes my way, with a "Wacheellll!" squeal.
Ah. Much better morning already.

Nonetheless, the headache lasted. The lack of energy never faded. And the sore throat still gripped me like a rock climber hanging off a 40 ft cliff.

But it's okay, I am still alive. And, for the most part, well.

I love my life.

Have I told you lately? Well, better safe than sorry, I do. I love it.

I moved home. Annnnnd, through the cleaning, and cleaning, and packing, and cleaning, and packing, and driving, and moving, and unpacking, and unpacking, and reorganizing and cleaning.... it was an unforgettable weekend.

I had a day of summer lovin' with my very best friend...

My bestie graduated from college, and is all grown up....

I had the most bittersweet, tender, sobering moments with my roommates while we cleaned our small apartment. We laughed, and definitely cried, as we said goodbye to 3 years filled with the most incredible, precious, defining memories we will forever cherish...
And so much more. It was hard. And exhausting. But so much fun.

This year was a blast. It was full of ups and downs, but it was one filled with crucial turning points in my life. Major decisions molding and shaping me into who I am going to become.

And this week, I realized just how great life is when you are doing your very best to make it that way. It's easy, really.

I love waking up to three little kisses and three big hugs every single morning.
I love seeing my best friend every night after his long days of work.
I love making lunch with my mom and watching her garden in the backyard.
I love sleeping in my bed and listening to the waterfall outside my window.
I love doing sidewalk chalk with my nieces on a breezy summer day.

I love May. And June. And July. And especially August

And I can't wait for this summer to come.

So, on this day off I decided to... reflect (for lack of a better less-philosophical word) on the past couple of weeks. The good. The hard. The fun. The exciting.

I can't wait to watch my niece and nephew while my sister and her husband explore the streets of Italy with my parents.
I can't wait to see my sister in St. George as we tackle the task of taking care of a six-year-old, two-year-old twins, and a newborn.
I can't wait for Hebgen with the Jackson family.
I can't wait for sunsets at Lake Powell with my family.
I can't wait for fireworks on the fourth of July.

I just can't wait for... life. The good and the hard.

And that's it. That's all there is. Me telling you how lucky I am to be where I'm at. How blessed I feel to have what I have. And how important it is to take a day off life, even if it means 10 minutes during your lunch break, to reflect on what you love. What makes you happy.

Because really, isn't that what life is really all about?
"Come what may, and love it."
R.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Rachie, always reminding me to look for the good in life. I really need to remember this one. AND you just got me so excited for summer! Love you!

jamie lynne said...

i love you. and i miss you too much.

Annie said...

love you! HANGOUT WITH ME!