6:45 a.m. Monday, December 15, 2008.
My alarm has been blaring for an hour exactly.
My eyes are still glued shut.
My stomach is uncomfortably arousing me from my slumber.
And then BAM.
I am snapped out of my fantasy world of dreams, and immediately sprung from my bed and stumbled across my room to the bathroom.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO. The flu.
Yuck. So, I spent the entire day on the couch, with my unfriendly friend.......the PAN, and slept as much as I could to take my mind off of what had just hit me.
Yet, the merciless sickness continued.
Monday afternoon, Monday night.
Then, for some reason I can't remember, we decided that I could try a little Ramen. Thats soothing right? Just a little bit...ease my way into food.
One hour later, nothing.
Two hours later, nothing.
Five hours later, still nothing.
And so for the first time all day, I slept peacefully through the night.
6:45 a.m. Tuesday, December 16, 2008.
My alarm has been blaring for an hour, exactly.
My eyes are still glued shut.
I pull open one eyelid to glance at the time. I snapped it closed praying my stomach didn't pick up on the small signal I was awake. I couldn't bear to curse myself for another day with my newly found quite unfriendly friend.
But, of course, with my luck...my stomach had more then processed the signal. It acted upon it.
So I was doomed another day stuck at home, barely moving...with nothing to do but watch the snow fall.
And I mean that.
I layed here...
And eventually...ate these.....for two days straight.Message: Get your flu shots. ASAP
It’s never too late to be who you wanted to be.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
flu shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Poor thing! I hope you are feeling better. I swear, nothing is worse than the "throw-ups" as we call it around here. Hang in there!
Rachie,
Poor thing! I hope, more than Becca, that you are feeling better. I don't swear, but promise, that there is nothing worse than throwing up. Hang in there GIRLFRIEND!
from jon
Haha thanks everyone I am glad to say I am healthy and back to normal life. Ugh the "throw-ups" are the worst indeed. Thanks for the well wishes though, love you!
OH, augh! But those snowflake cookies things look really yummy. You're so good at blogging!
um they aren't cookies..they are ritz crackers haha it was all i could eat. they look good...yet they are deceiving. thanks mushy :)
Post a Comment