It’s never too late to be who you wanted to be.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It All Ends Here.

Sometimes I do crazy things.
Like go to Harry Potter at 3 am.
No that's not a typo. Seriously three o'clock am.
I really waited...outside...in the cold...for 2 hours.

Caisie, Me, Courtney, and Aubs



First experience with an energy drink...

....and in the theatre after that....

Yes we did get t shirts.

About to start! We were so excited!

...and it was so worth it.

There is no way you can tell me I'm not a true fan.

I mean I have this quiz to prove it.....




Rachel got You Wrote the Book on Harry Potter!.
You know the story like the back of your hand, or maybe you used a correct answers quill, but you've passed with flying colors. Your O.W.L.s will sure result in Os all around.
....and that is serious business.

Okay fine. Call me obsessed. I can handle it. I mean 3 am? Taking every Harry Potter quiz I can find just to find how who my Harry Potter boyfriend is or which Harry Potter character I am? Maybe I am.
But so what? What's so bad about loving a book-well books- so much they're all you can think about day and night? Who says loving and respecting someone you've never met almost more than some you know... is such a bad thing? (Maybe someday I'll sip butterbeer in Hogsmeade as J.K. Rowling reveals secrets and answers questions that have been burning in my mind for the past 10 years...)
So what if I know the characters better than I know myself. (well almost) So what if I laugh at things they say not necessarily because they're funny but because of who is saying it. Becuase I know them that well.
What's so bad about creating an entire world built on imagination? What's so bad about swimming in the pool of tongue binding, ink-revealing, room-illuminating spells? What's so bad about dreaming of the sweet honey taste of butterbeer and the millions of freshly baked pastries painted with clouds of fluffy pink frosting?
Some people might judge me. Think I'm immature or childish. But so what. I love reading. I love imagining. I love creating. And Harry Potter does it all. So... I love Harry Potter. And I am not afraid to show it. (Obviously!)
Thanks J.K. Rowling. I can't wait to cuddle up by the fire this Christmas break and dive deep into the pages of your imagination.... and mine.

So to all you Harry Potter lovers out there...
Don't wait.
Because it really does all end here.

4 comments:

Nield Family said...

MAybe someday Rach I can start this adventure, someday in between throw up, diarhhea, 100 loads of laundry,more spit up, playing cars and dinosaurs, oh and dogs(yep I acted like a dog tonight)! Ugh I miss you! Lets just skype again and try to three way the whole time but you just look at my screen the whole time . . . fun, wierd, but so us!

Katie said...

you are too cute rayray... we should go to the next premiere together! yayyyyy can't wait :)

Grapefruit said...

I was so excited to see the movie too. But that part with naked Hermione and naked Harry seriously bugged me. Oh well. It was still good.

Don't be mad, but I still have always wanted Harry and Hermione to end up together. I know. Is that blasphemy to say that outloud? They just go together. Oh well. Guess I'll never get THAT happy ending!

Annie said...

Loved this movie & love love love your new background and everything! It is so cute!! XOXOXOXOXO